This course has taught me a lot about my content area, English. The most important thing that I will take from this course about my content area is now knowing that the resources available are plentiful, easily accessed and found. Putting together the webpage of resources was a huge eye opener.The assignment required us to find 15 different sources. When I first read the assignment I thought that finding 15 quality resources for teachers, parents and students to use might be difficult. But instead, what I found difficult was narrowing down all of the different resources that I found to just the 15 that were required. Technology, besides being very beneficial for our classrooms and teaching our students, is very beneficial to connecting teachers from all over the world and allowing us to share ideas, materials and solutions to common problems with each other. Another thing that I learned about my content area is that there are endless ways to approach a learning goal and to teach it and that my best advice and ideas will come from my own peers. Being able to interact and read others' ideas English content area really enabled me to add a lot of fuel to my arsenal of teaching ideas. It also has helped me expand my own thinking when coming up with teaching strategies for different standards and lesson aims.
This class has also reinforced things that I know about myself. I have always thought of myself as somebody who is able to soak in information around me and produce quality material and this class has reinforced that. After reading my classmates different discussion posts I was able to take ideas from them and combine them with my own and produce what I think will be quality lesson ideas. I have also been able to learn a lot of new approaches and ideas from my peers which taught me that I am open to learning and changing what I think I already know.
No comments:
Post a Comment